atom beingexchanged: If I cannot bring you comfort, than at least I bring you hope…

Monday, December 28, 2009

If I cannot bring you comfort, than at least I bring you hope…

It’s the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day here in the US, and most of my compatriots are taking vacation days.  As I work with a sales team (see disclaimer below the blog) I’m working, but I’m still in the spirit of the holiday season.  So, instead of my usual Exchange-specific stuff, I’m going to give my annual Three Toasts blog entry this week.

Each year, at New Year’s Eve, I offer three toasts at whatever party I find myself attending.  They sum up my feelings on the turning of the year pretty well, and so I’d like to share them with my blog readers as well. 

First, a toast to everyone who’s stood with us this year.  Friends and family who took the walk through our interesting times side by side with us, and who will walk again with us in 2010.  May we celebrate together for many years to come.

Next, a toast to those who cannot be with us.  Kept away by physical limits, or distances of the heart or spirit. Just know that you are missed, and that you will never be forgotten.

Finally, a toast to those who we will meet this year.  May we learn from each other, and leave each other better than we were found.

Good luck, good health, and thanks for reading BeingExchanged for the last year.  I’ll keep writing as long as you keep listening, so here’s to a great 2010!

For those interested in where the title came from, there is a truly beautiful song in (the otherwise horrible) movie Toys.  I quote it in my blog posting each year around this time (whichever publication I’m writing for), and it’s worth a listen.

If I cannot bring you comfort,
then at least I bring you hope
For nothing is more precious than the time we have, and so
We all must learn from small misfortunes
Count the blessings that are real
Let the bells ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year

- The Musical Cast of Toys Featuring Wendy and Lisa

Bookmark and Share
posted by Mike Talon at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home