atom beingexchanged: MTC Day One wrap-up

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

MTC Day One wrap-up

After the first day of working here at the Microsoft Technology Center for our upcoming presentation/demo, I can safely say there is some impressive technology to be found here.  We got a chance to play around with Hyper-V on higher-end hardware instead of the usual test machines most readers would be used to (myself included).

Hyper-V performed admirably under the load of Exchange 2007 on Server 2003 x64 Enterprise Edition.  There is definitely a "feel" that lets you know you're not just remoting into a physical machine, but nothing that is going to stop you from getting things done. 

Exchange, for its part, was exceptionally well behaved today.  Not one major hiccup during the entire install and config process.  Either I'm getting used to setting up 2007, or something in SP1 is making life easier for me.  Whichever, I'm a happy techie.

More on Thursday when I put the newly-built systems through a failover/failback test.

Bookmark and Share
posted by Mike Talon at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home